There’s plenty to recommend about the reliable and robust Versatrax™ Pelican® case controller. Not surprisingly, it’s become the go-to option for controlling Inuktun’s crawler systems. Even so, the ICON/PC controller offers a number of compelling improvements. In this article, we’ll discuss some of the features and benefits available with Inuktun’s proprietary software and PC controller.
- Sensor data displayed on screen during an inspection are not bound to the video but stored separately in a database, so they can be analyzed based on need. This allows multiple videos from a single inspection to be generated with different video overlay options.
- Individual sensor data can be framed with user defined shapes and text, creating a customized gauge on the video image.
- Automate vehicle tasks through the software, such as moving forward for three seconds or moving 40cm backwards.
- Tag sequences of interest in real time, and retrieve tagged frames later, using Inuktun’s InPRO software.
- Create multiple camera position presets.
- Quickly skip to previously tagged sequences in a video, like going from one chapter to another on a DVD.
- Benefit from the ease and familiarity of an Xbox handheld controller for both camera and vehicle operation.
- The PC control option has a lower cost and greater functionality.
- There is more information in overlay and the interface of ICON/PC control versus a Versatrax controller.
- Explore different software options to suit your hardware (from “camera only” to a full suite).
- Free Inuktun InPlay video player available to clients via free web download.
No question, for fast deployment, the traditional Versatrax controller is a purpose-built, robust, all-in-one controller. But, depending on your needs, Inuktun’s PC controller may be a better choice when it comes providing the full range of capabilities you’re after. Contact our expert sales team to determine the best fit for your requirements.